ᐱᓕᕆᐊᒃᓴᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑐᕌᒐᕆᔭᐅᔪᑦ
Pauktuutit is the national non-profit organization representing all Inuit women in Canada. Its mandate is to foster a greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, and to encourage their participation in community, regional and national concerns in relation to social, cultural and economic development.
Pauktuutit undertakes activities intended to:
- Promote the rights of Inuit women and children;
- Provide the Inuit women of Canada with a united voice;
- Work towards better social, economic and political conditions for Inuit women;
- Work for the betterment of individual, family and community health conditions through advocacy and program action;
- Encourage Inuit women to take their rightful place in society;
- Promote equity for the views of Inuit women in all levels of Canadian governmental and non-governmental structures;
- Motivate Inuit women to realize their potential as individuals and as a group;
- Promote self-confidence and self-reliance amongst Inuit women;
- Provide resources to ensure that our children are raised with Inuit values, heritage, culture and language;
- Encourage the involvement of Inuit women in all levels of Canadian society; and
- Facilitate collaboration between Inuit women and other Aboriginal peoples.