Health Policy and Programs
Position: Manager of Health Policy and Programs
Hours: Full-time two (2) year term position 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 annually
Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, the Manager, Health Policy and Programs, is primarily responsible for the overall management and coordination of relevant projects and related activities.
- Maintain current policy and subject matter knowledge of issues related to Inuit health;
- Maintain current knowledge of Inuit health priorities and initiatives;
- Identify funding sources and develop relevant project proposals and budgets;
- Develop, implement and monitor/evaluate successful projects and deliverables;
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and partner relations;
- Collaborate on projects and initiatives with a range of partners including academia;
- Plan and/or facilitate workshops, meetings, work plan logistics/travel, etc.; and
- Recommend and implement relevant and current strategic direction and initiatives in collaboration with the Board and Executive Director.
- Represent Pauktuutit on a range of regional, national and international committees and working groups;
- Maintain knowledge and advance the current and emerging gender-specific health priorities of Inuit women;
- Present the views and priorities of the organization and its members at a range of standing committees, conferences, symposia, etc.; and
- Prepare briefing materials for consideration by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and monitor departmental work plans, timelines and other management tools in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff;
- Coordinate hiring of all project staff including project consultants;
- Prepare contracts for consultants and other contractual arrangements;
- Supervise project staff including project consultants in accordance with internal policies and procedures and relevant legislation; and
- Provide input to overall organizational management.
- Monitor expenditures within approved budgets; and
- Maintain relevant financial documentation for relevant projects in compliance with approved internal financial procedures and controls.
- Draft plain language messaging and content suitable for a range of audiences;
- Coordinate the development and production of multilingual documents;
- Oversee the translation of press releases, promotional materials, articles and other documents;
- Oversee and/or develop social media/multiplatform campaigns, messaging and materials; and
- Communicate appropriately about sensitive issues.
- Travel to meetings or conferences when required;
- Oversee and/or coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops and other events hosted by Pauktuutit as required.
Reporting and Accountability
- Implement management decisions where appropriate;
- Report to funding organizations in a timely and professional manner;
- Follow project work plans and ensure all tasks are completed on time within non-negotiable deadlines;
- Provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors, Advisory Committee(s), funders and others as required.
- Maintain appropriate files and reports;
- Proposal development and report writing;
- Ensure timely and adequate internal and external reporting and documentation;
- Participate in training and professional development initiatives as required;
- Ensure the confidentiality of all files where appropriate.
Deadline for Submission is Friday, September 30, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
We thank all who apply for this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.