Violence & Abuse Prevention
Position: Manager of Violence & Abuse Prevention
Hours: Full-time position 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 annually
Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, the Manager, Violence and Abuse Prevention, is primarily responsible for the overall management and coordination of relevant projects and related activities.
- Maintain current policy and subject matter knowledge of issues related to violence and abuse prevention, particularly in the Inuit context;
- Develop, implement and monitor/evaluate successful projects and deliverables;
- Identify funding sources and develop relevant project proposals and budgets;
- Represent the organization at a range of venues such as conferences, symposia, etc.;
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and partnership relations;
- Plan and/or facilitate workshops, meetings; work plan logistics/travel, etc.; and
- Recommend and implement relevant and current strategic direction and initiatives in collaboration with the Board and Executive Director.
- Coordinate hiring of all project staff including project consultants;
- Prepare contracts for consultants and other contractual arrangements;
- Supervision of project staff including project consultants in accordance with internal policies and procedures and relevant legislation; and
- Provide input to overall organizational management.
- Monitor expenditures within approved budgets; and
- Maintain relevant financial documentation for relevant projects in compliance with approved internal financial procedures and controls.
- Draft plain language messaging and content suitable for a range of audiences;
- Coordinate the development and production of multilingual documents;
- Draft and coordinate the translation press releases, articles and other documents;
- Develop social media/multiplatform campaigns, messaging and materials; and
- Communicate appropriately about sensitive issues.
- Travel to meetings or conferences when required;
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops and other events hosted by Pauktuutit as required.
Reporting and Accountability
- Implement management decisions where appropriate;
- Report to funding organizations in a timely and professional manner;
- Follow project work plans and ensure all tasks are completed on time within non-negotiable deadlines;
- Provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors, Advisory Committee(s), funders and others as required.
- Maintain appropriate files and reports;
- Proposal development and report writing;
- Ensure timely and adequate internal and external reporting and documentation;
- Participate in training and professional development initiatives as required;
- Ensure the confidentiality of all files where appropriate.
Deadline for Submission is Friday, September 30, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We thank all who apply for this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.