For media enquiries, please contact:
613-238-3977 ext. 226
Latest Press ReleasePosted on November 9, 2017
Employment Opportunity – Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides a full range of senior-level administrative and financial support to the President, Board of Directors, Executive Director and Director of Finance. This position reports to the Executive Director. Fluency in oral and written Inuktitut is desirable.
Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 plus benefits
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of meetings/events and teleconferences, including meetings of the Board of Directors and Annual General Meetings;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reports;
- Coordinate translations, printing, external communications, etc.
- Coordinate website updates;
- Prepare purchase orders, invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions;
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment;
- Maintain inventory control of all company IT equipment;
- Manage petty cash and maintain and verify staff attendance reports;
- Manage and maintain schedules for the President and Executive Director;
- Manage inbound and outbound mail/courier;
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay calls/messages;
- Assist with general office management and operations;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system;
- Liaise with suppliers and other external parties;
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries; and
- Other related duties.
This position requires strong administrative, communication and problem-solving skills, and an appropriate combination of education, relevant knowledge and experience. The ability to communicate in Inuktitut is a definite asset.
The ideal candidate will have an appropriate combination of education and experience and five years’ relevant experience, including event and meeting coordination experience. Advanced computer skills are required.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Inuit people, Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada shall give preference to Inuit people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com by November 21, 2017 by 4:30pm
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.