Join our team today and make a difference for the future of Inuit Women
The Opportunity: Communications Coordinators
Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada (Pauktuutit) is the national representative organization of Inuit women in Canada. We foster greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, advocate for equality and social improvements, and encourage Inuit women’s full participation in the community, regional and national life of Canada.
By choosing Pauktuutit, you are taking an active role in changing lives of the Inuit.
Likewise, Pauktuutit recognizes your value and is dedicated to supporting you and creating environments that fit our employees’ diverse lifestyles. This includes benefits and perks such as: supplementary Health and Dental benefits; cell phone and internet allowance, or when we are in office, allowance for public transportation. We support personal time with a paid vacation, personal well-being leaves and recognition of a wide range of public holidays including celebration of women and Indigenous people. Our Social Committee is actively engaged in creating space to connect, share experiences, celebrate each other, and recognize our work.
Join our team!
Pauktuutit offers multiple opportunities for remote work, and we welcome you from across Canada!
We are seeking skilled, creative individuals to fill the role of Communications Coordinator. Under the direction and supervision of the Director, Communications, the Communications Coordinator supports the delivery of the communications program for Pauktuutit. The role requires strong collaboration to support development and execution of communications plans, in order to broaden the reach and deepen the impacts of projects and advocacy related to advancing Pauktuutit’s mission with respect to Health, Abuse Prevention and Socio-Economic Development of Inuit Women across Canada.
This includes participating in applicable working groups, liaising with key stakeholders, developing a communication plan and associated materials.
Your responsibilities include:
- Draft plain language messaging and content suitable for a range of audiences and coordinate the production of multilingual documents.
- Draft content for departmental and corporate webpages and other social media platforms and manage all social media platforms and website updates.
- Support the expansion of Pauktuutit’s participation on relevant social media outlets.
- Develop written materials including briefings, media statements and speaking notes.
- Assist department Managers, Director of Communications, and Executive in liaising with national and regional Inuit organizations and other agencies as required.
- Assist with event planning and implementation.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of external reports, newsletters, and publications.
- Embrace other duties as required to support the evolving business opportunities.
- Coordinate and liaise internally with staff to get content, feedback, approvals.
- Assist and coordinate media requests, speaking notes review and dry runs.
- Collaborate and provide with input on the development of the annual communications strategy of Pauktuutit.
- Assist in any process implementation and ongoing operational efforts within the team and at a broader level if necessary.
- Coordinate translations related to the projects.
- Excellent English communications skills with ability to connect in storytelling.
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner.
- Strong organizational abilities and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize workload.
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating communications plans and materials.
- Experience in social media management and website content development.
- Ability to travel.
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office and Adobe Suite.
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Fluency in oral and written Inuktut.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline relevant to communications, journalism or public relations, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and hosting events and meetings.
- Experience working with people of Inuit descent and of the current political, social, and economic conditions of Inuit.
Apply to Pauktuutit:
Pauktuutit is a small but mighty team of individuals who work to improve the quality of life for all Inuit women. Our mission is to foster a greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women and create change to advance women’s full social, economic, and cultural participation in communities in Inuit Nunangat, as well as cities across Canada where Inuit live.
Pauktuutit is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive, accessible, and respectful work environment. We strongly encourage applications from Inuit and other Indigenous people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, and regulations.
We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please indicate so in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Pauktuutit; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.