FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ottawa, ON (April 28, 2016) Pauktuutit Inuit women of Canada is pleased to announce the launch of a new online Inuit-specific cancer resource. Rebecca Kudloo, Pauktuutit’s President, commended this new online resource and noted that “Cancer has affected many Inuit women and their families. Understanding cancer through Inuit-specific resources will enable people to improve their self-care and cancer prevention to live healthier lives.”
The new online cancer resource, entitled Inuusinni Aqqusaaqtara – My Journey includes resources such as:
- Pauktuutit’s Kaggutiq Inuit Cancer Glossary, which is a glossary of cancer related terminology in plain English and five Inuktitut dialects, developed with funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC);
- a series of cancer related videos that share the cancer journey through the eyes of Inuit cancer survivors, health care workers and family members, also funded by PHAC;
- an interactive map that identifies cancer treatment centres, support resources and places for Inuit to stay in urban centres during treatment; and
- other Inuit-specific cancer awareness tools to be developed in partnership with the Canadian Cancer Society, with funding generously donated by Jaguar Land Rover Canada.
The online resource is being launched during the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Month (April), as the daffodil is a symbol of strength and courage in the fight against cancer. To see the resources available, visit www.pauktuutit.ca/cancerpartnering
Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada is the national non-profit organization representing all Inuit women in Canada. Its mandate is to foster a greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, and to encourage their participation in community, regional and national concerns in relation to social, cultural and economic development.
About the Canadian Cancer Society
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer. Thanks to our donors and volunteers, the Society has the most impact, against the most cancers, in the most communities in Canada. For more information, visit cancer.ca or call our toll-free bilingual Cancer Information Service at 1-888-939-3333 (TTY 1-866-786-3934).
About Jaguar Land Rover Canada
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry’s drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK’s largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 32,000 people.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and four advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mississauga in Canada, Jaguar Land Rover Canada ULC is represented by 24 retail outlets.